Body heat, also known as heat stress, is a common health problem these days and is especially exaggerated during the summer. The body is unable to cool itself, leading to several health issues like damage to the internal organs, heat cramps, rashes, pimples, dizziness and nausea.
Working outside in the hot weather especially in the tropics, exposure to the hot sun while exercising or working in places where the workspace are cramped and not airy, may increase your risk of heat stress. Maintaining body heat is quite important.
How to avoid Body heat?
- Hydrate – It is very important to stay hydrated. Water flushes out toxins from the body and provides a cooling effect. Melons and cucumber are effective in preventing body heat. Being rich in water, they keep you hydrated and cool.
- Avoid Spicy/Fried food – Stay away from hot, spicy food and avoid fatty and fried foods. This includes junk and fast foods too.
- Stay away from caffeine/alcohol – Drastically reducing your caffeine & alcohol intake will go a long way in helping your body keep cool.
- Reduce sodium intake – Follow a low sodium diet regime and replace your almond, sesame & corn oil with Coconut or Olive herbal oil instead
- Change your diet – Nuts are known to cause a rapid increase in body temperature, so try decreasing your nut intake. Following a largely vegetarian food chart and reducing your red meat intake won’t hurt either.
Remedies for Body heat.
If however you already suffer from increased body heat, here are a few tips that will help you out.
- Soaking your feet in a basin of cool water helps reduce excessive heat from the body
- Drink a glass of fresh pomegranate juice mixed with a few drops of almond oil, every morning.
- Another easy home remedy to relieve body heat, is to eat a spoonful of fenugreek seeds every morning.
- Eat a handful of poppy seeds before you to go to sleep to get good rest and to maintain normal body temperature during the night. (Warning: Poppy seeds contains opiates and should not be consumed in large quantities or given to children)
- Applying a fine paste of sandalwood and cold milk to the forehead and chest cools the skin and body instantly.
- A tablespoon of honey in cold milk on a daily basis also helps.
Body heat may not be life threatening, but it’s implications on your health could be dire. So don’t ignore the symptoms, a slight alteration in your diet and lifestyle can make all the difference.